Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > TTMB

Notices

Old 03-28-2005, 01:17 PM
Registered Users-pm+

confederate_surfer is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Accurate Frames and Accuplate for Penn Reels

I wonderding what the advantage is to accurate frames and accuplates on a penn reel is I was reading an article the other day and that what all the writer of the article fished with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2005, 02:04 PM
Registered Users-pm+

WilliamH has been promoted to PirateWilliamH has been promoted to PirateWilliamH has been promoted to PirateWilliamH has been promoted to PirateWilliamH has been promoted to PirateWilliamH has been promoted to PirateWilliamH has been promoted to PirateWilliamH has been promoted to PirateWilliamH has been promoted to PirateWilliamH has been promoted to PirateWilliamH has been promoted to Pirate
Take a look at this thread.

http://www.2coolfishing.com/ttmbforu...ad.php?t=16568
Old 03-28-2005, 07:13 PM
Registered Users-pm+

Did you Accur-ize your reels
Old 03-28-2005, 10:15 PM
Registered Users-pm+

Has anyone Accur-ized any penn reels. what where the results did it improve reel performance
I am looking to accur-ize peen 500's 4/0 and 6/0
Old 03-28-2005, 11:12 PM
Crabby Old Man

Snagged has been promoted to PirateSnagged has been promoted to PirateSnagged has been promoted to PirateSnagged has been promoted to PirateSnagged has been promoted to PirateSnagged has been promoted to PirateSnagged has been promoted to PirateSnagged has been promoted to PirateSnagged has been promoted to PirateSnagged has been promoted to PirateSnagged has been promoted to Pirate
I've done one and won't waste my money on another. You can buy a better reel for the cost of the parts. The frame will make some reels much stronger and others more usuable, but the question is; is it worth it?
If you just want to do it as a hobby, that is different.
Old 03-28-2005, 11:37 PM
Keep on Keeping on....

stew1tx has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterstew1tx has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterstew1tx has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterstew1tx has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterstew1tx has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterstew1tx has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterstew1tx has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterstew1tx has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterstew1tx has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterstew1tx has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterstew1tx has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMaster
Remember "IMAGE IS EVERYTHING" one of my mottos.
Old 03-29-2005, 08:34 AM
Registered Users-pm+

Crossroads has been promoted to PirateCrossroads has been promoted to PirateCrossroads has been promoted to PirateCrossroads has been promoted to PirateCrossroads has been promoted to PirateCrossroads has been promoted to PirateCrossroads has been promoted to PirateCrossroads has been promoted to PirateCrossroads has been promoted to PirateCrossroads has been promoted to PirateCrossroads has been promoted to Pirate
Its just like chrome wheels on a 4X4 truck. Just for show. I have several Accurate/Penns in various stages of fully accurized. It's more of a west coast thing, than a gulf coast happening. There are better reels for the money but then again I don't do plastic/graphite reels, I'd rather waste my money by turning perfectly good and economical Penn 4/0s and 6/0s into high dollar Penn 4/0s and 6/0s. If I ever worry about the cost of tackle or boats or fishing, I'll give it up and start playing something ignorant like golf.
Old 03-29-2005, 08:56 AM
Registered Users-pm+

WilliamH has been promoted to PirateWilliamH has been promoted to PirateWilliamH has been promoted to PirateWilliamH has been promoted to PirateWilliamH has been promoted to PirateWilliamH has been promoted to PirateWilliamH has been promoted to PirateWilliamH has been promoted to PirateWilliamH has been promoted to PirateWilliamH has been promoted to PirateWilliamH has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by confederate_surfer
Did you Accur-ize your reels
Not yet but plan to do so soon. Just new frames.
Old 03-29-2005, 09:10 AM
Crabby Old Man

Snagged has been promoted to PirateSnagged has been promoted to PirateSnagged has been promoted to PirateSnagged has been promoted to PirateSnagged has been promoted to PirateSnagged has been promoted to PirateSnagged has been promoted to PirateSnagged has been promoted to PirateSnagged has been promoted to PirateSnagged has been promoted to PirateSnagged has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by confederate_surfer
Has anyone Accur-ized any penn reels. what where the results did it improve reel performance
I am looking to accur-ize peen 500's 4/0 and 6/0
I've still got a jigmaster with the Accurate frame and like it a lot as it is now doesn't flex. I put one of the new aluminium Penn frames on an old 6/0 just to stiffen it up. The cost of a frame can be justified for use on a reel that you have already used for a while. As to side plates, they are more like dressing and often increase the weight of the reel.
Old 03-29-2005, 09:13 AM
Gig Em! '94

Cru has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerCru has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerCru has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerCru has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerCru has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerCru has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerCru has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerCru has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerCru has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerCru has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerCru has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
Biggrin

You may have heard of a show called "Pimp My Ride" on MTV, this is a fishermans version... "Pimp My Reel"