Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Boating Forum

Old 06-24-2006, 12:14 PM
Registered Users-pm+

EWH is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)EWH is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)EWH is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)EWH is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)EWH is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)EWH is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)EWH is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)EWH is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)EWH is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)EWH is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)EWH is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Yamaha VMax Vs. HPDI

I'm assuming the VmaX is carburated, the HPDI is direct injection. What are you alls thoughts on the difference. Worth the upgrade? Looking at an 200hp '06 VMax or upgrade to HPDI for $3500.
Old 06-24-2006, 04:13 PM
Fair chase fisherman!

LongRodMaster has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieLongRodMaster has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieLongRodMaster has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieLongRodMaster has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieLongRodMaster has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieLongRodMaster has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieLongRodMaster has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieLongRodMaster has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieLongRodMaster has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieLongRodMaster has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieLongRodMaster has been promoted to the rank of Swabbie
They make a hpdi Vmax also
Old 06-24-2006, 06:53 PM
Registered Users-pm+

Salty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to Pirate
That is correct, could be an HPDI or could be an OX66. The OX66 is not carbed, it is an EFI just not the high pressure direct injection.

The ox66 motors are not as fuel efficient as the HPDIs but they are **** good motors. Very strong for the hp rating and very reliable. I had a 200 VMax OX66 and it was a great motor. No complaints at all. Mine was an '03 and at that time the 200 VMax ox66 was on a 3.1L block and the 200 VMax HPDI was on a 2.6L block. Compared to a friend's boat which was the identical setup but with the 200 VMax HPDI mine was quite a bit faster, like 6-8 mph faster on top end. Now, they have gone to a larger block on the 200 VMax HPDI now so I wouldn't know if that is still true. I would bet they will be closer in performance now with the HPDI being quite a bit more fuel efficient and using less oil too.